Cooktop Cover – Frequently Asked Questions
- What material is the Cooktop Cover made from?The Cooktop Cover is made of premium quality 0.08 inch thick Aluminum alloy. It can not rust, is very light weight, and strong.
- Is the Cooktop Cover strong?The Cooktop Cover is very strong. It is made from a single sheet of Aluminum and formed into its final shape using a 35 ton hydraulic press break. It will easily support 170 lbs… I stood on it!
- What finish is applied to the Cooktop Cover?The finish of the Cooktop Cover is an industrial dry powder coat paint. The coating is sprayed onto the part in an electro-static field. The part then travels thru a 400 degree (F) oven where the powder melts and flows to a uniform thickness, covering the entire part. The paint dries to a smooth, hard, satin finish.
- What is the size of the Cooktop Cover?The standard size Cooktop Cover is 31 7/8 inches wide x 22 5/8 inches deep x 2 1/4 inches high. A custom size can be made for you. Go to the Custom Order page and type your dimensions into the Calculator and instantly get a custom cooktop cover price! Then email us with your measurements and we will place a custom order button for you on the Custom Order page.
- Can the Cooktop Cover be used with a gas cooktop?The Cooktop Cover can be used with a gas cooktop that is equipped with an electric starter. The Cooktop Cover can not be used with a gas cooktop that has a gas pilot light.
- Can the Cooktop Cover be used with an electric cooktop?The cooktop cover is safe to use with an electric cooktop.
- How do I determine if the Cooktop Cover will fit my cooktop?You can determine if the standard Cooktop Cover will fit your cooktop by measuring the maximum width, depth and height of the knobs. Our standard size Cooktop Cover is 31 7/8 inches wide, by 22 5/8 inches deep, and is 2 1/4 inches high. This size fits the Jenn Air, DACOR, and GE 30 inch cooktops, and other manufacturer’s cooktop as well. Please measure your cooktop carefully to be sure this standard size cover will fit.
- How do I determine the size of Cooktop Cover I need?You can determine the size of cooktop cover you need by measuring the widest point on the cooktop, measuring the deepest point on the cooktop and measuring the highest point above the counter top. Check your measurements to be sure you have the correct dimensions. Special order cooktop covers are custom manufactured to the dimensions you provide and are not returnable.
- Why is the Custom Cooktop Cover more expensive?Special order cooktop covers are more expensive because they are custom manufactured to your exact the dimensions. The engineering and programming of the computer controlled machine tools must be included in the price of the custom cooktop cover.